Thursday, May 27, 2010

IKV



Service, this is the word often used when you are in Singles for Christ. I'm aware of the word but I don't think its service to God when you know your enjoying the activity. Last weekend, May 21-23, 2010 was an experience the I will truly remember. We joined the SAGIP kids in Subic, Zambales for their IKV. Being a night owl and being so excited of the day ahead I hardly slept at all Thursday night. Just being in the bus with all those kids is experience enough for me. I'm the person who gives up at the first drop of sweat. I love the simple comfort that my home and the mall provides. I'm still wondering why I chose to go to Subic instead of being with my family in Batangas.

In Batangas there were hired help, videoke, toys and of course air conditioned bedrooms (all the comforts of home away from home). In Subic, there were no beds for the kids, poor water supply and one electric fan to share between 30 people. The dust in Remy Field was so thick that you don't have to wear make-up, you can just stand there for a minute and the dust will stick to your face because of the sweat you perspired. But you will forget all this inconvenience because of all the fun activities and people around you.

I love watching the kids enjoy their IKV experience and bonding with my friends. I'm still in search of the meaning of service when you enjoy what you are doing. IKV was a truly worthy and once in a lifetime experience to bond with the kids. I am looking forward for next year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment