I take pride every time I vote. I had been voting since I was 17 years old. It's the time to let our voices as Filipinos be heard. In my long years of voting, my preferred presidential candidate doesn't really win. I voted for Raul Roco twice and now Gibo Teodoro. I believe that my candidates were really there risking almost everything to serve the Filipinos and they would really make a change for the better. But sadly, majority of us are still voting on who's popular and who has more star power in their band wagon.
Not that the elections are over. We have a new president. I wish that he would really deliver his promises and more. I was not impressed by his mother, I don't know why he and his atrocious sibling keeps digging her up, I know she was the icon for democracy but we do had passed that stage of just being free. I want to be free and proud to be Filipino. I am putting my future children lives at stake for this man. I want my next 6 years to not worry if I have to migrate to another country because that's where the greener pastures are.
I wish the Philippines is the greener pasture. So cheers to next 6 years with Noynoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment