Tuesday, February 9, 2010

drew


This is Andrew. He's one of my closest friends in APAC (that's where I currently work). He and I were batchmates during training but came from two different sections. When I first met him I thought he was a quiet person because he was just sitting in the farthest corner and just mostly talking to just three people on the floor. Let me just say that Drew is one of the reasons why I don't believe in first impressions.
We got close during our resolution days. It was when we were taken in as "top agents"
and put on a diffrent skill, basically more work same pay :( that we became friends. We shared a hive back then with our fellow batchmates Joverson, James and Erom. We would laugh together and gossip about the going ons in our account. Andrew is the type of person that gives a one line comment that would really blow your mind and he's one of the people who can outtalk me.
Because of the ever constant changes happening in our office we were for a time seperated but we found ourselves sharing office space again with Erom, Clayd and Ristian. Our office group (with the exception of Rmab) is one of the reasons I enjoy working in APAC. Those were the days we would talk everything under the sun like his modelling, lovelives... and also engage in our favorite past time which involves berating and criticizing Rmab (do not worry the guy really deserves the insults we throw at him).
Those were the days that I discovered that he was a loving partner to his boyfriend, a devoted son to his parents and an inspiration to his brothers and sister. It was a sad day when we heard the news that he's leaving us. But in the end it was for the better. He's now in a better place and with better pay I might add. I thought that with him leaving it would be also be the end of our friendship. I thought we would be just casual acquaintance that would now only be friends in Facebook. I was so wrong. He is still someone that is there for me and not just me for our other friends. I'm such a lucky girl to be calling Drew a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment